Unless I am mistaken I do not see any references to the Cruzer powered by a Corvair engine. Is this combination not compatible?  Possibly not enough HP?

Any insight or references to this topic would be appreciated.

Views: 1632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently going this route with a 3.0 120HP Corvair.  There are several STOL 750s flying with Corvairs, so if it will pull a high-drag STOL through the sky, the Cruzer will be a cake walk.
If you do a You Tube search on Zenith Corvair, you will find a few videos of 701s and 750s with Corvairs in them. My favorite one is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXaLC8h0WIk

since it really lets you hear the awesome sound from the 6 cylinder Corvair on takeoff.

A Corvair would be a very appropriate engine choice for a Cruzer. The real question is - do you want to BUY an engine or do you want to BUILD an engine?

Mark

I am also building a 3.0L powered Cruzer. I think it will be a great combination.  All of the fwf parts are available from WW. 

Hi Alan, I have a flying 750 Cruzer featuring a 3100 cc 120 HP Corvair conversion running a Sensenich 60” ground adjustable prop.  Great power combo.  I used Azalea Aviation to acquire and build the engine and later assist in the install.  I am pleased with the powerplant and everyone who hears my 6 cylinder engine notes how beautiful it sounds.  Tons of power on this combo.

John Minatelli

Hi again Alan, I’ve added a photo for you.

Attachments:

I too am using the same setup as yourself. Any issues with the location of your cooler?  Would you place anything in a different place for cooling?

Also what fuel line setup did you install? I need to order it. ASAP

I'm building one now.  It runs and sounds great.  Airplane not flying yet.  Can't say enough good things about flywithspa.com.  Thanks Dan, Rache and Lisal

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service