looking for the rivet add on upgrade for the wing struts other pilots say they are very easy to install and not to expensive

Views: 1408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joseph

This maybe what you are looking for!   Not clear be you should be able to make out...

Ron

Attachments:

Hi Joe,

I have my eye on the Raven Aviation kit for $295.

I saw them in the Zenith newsletter, I think.

rick@ravenaviation .com    760-378-3870

Best,

Joe

I designed and built my own streamlined strut covers.  They fold around the strut and are riveted at the trailing edge using the soft rivets that we use on all of the control surface trailing edges on the 701. 

I got a large dowl from the local hardware store that was about the same size as the strut tube.  I ripped a 1x4 down the middle and at an angle of about 15-20 degrees.  I flipped one of the boards around and screwed them both to my bench top making a "V" groove just wide enough to fit the dowl.  I used my break to create a slight angle on the trailing edges of the faring blank so that the trailing edges could come together for drilling and riveting.  I used a large "C" clamp to force the dowl and 016 aluminum blank down into the "V" groove.  I Clamped the trailing edges together with cleco clamps and drilled.  I designed the legnth so as to have two sections because of the length of my break.  The splice is at the jury strut bolt.  The top is held by the three AN3 strut bolts and I cut the bottom of the fairing so that a hose clamp could hold them in place.

Hope my quick description is of use.

Doug MacDonald

CH-701 from scratch

NW Ontario, Canada

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service