I have a 0-235 with a wood prop. To get the weight & balance I added 5# weight in the tail.

When Landing I use full up elevator trim. When the main gear touch the ground the nose

gear come down. I cannot hold it off. What can I do?

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too have a 601 with am O-235. I can't hold my nose off either. The best I can do is pull full aft on the stick at touchdown which reduces the nose gear from hitting hard. It still comes down but without the hard slam. There is no holding it off once the mains are down.

Others have had the same experience with similar heavy engines. You just get use to it.

just curous where did each of you install your battery I too have a 0-235 on a 601 just finished and I hopefully will

be testing  shortly

In order to minimize weight and wiring complexity, I installed an EarthX ETX 680 (4.1 lbs) which allowed me to install it on the engine side of the firewall - and no ballast in the back required.

I installed my battery behind the seat. I have the belly door to access that area. Also I have my ELT mounted

pass the belly door toward the tail. If I moved the battery back into the tail I could get rid of the ballast in the tail.

Can't you just add some power and let the nose settle in?

We had one with a o-235 and had to add weight aft. We made a battery bracket as far aft as we could and built an access panel in the side of the fuselage. So we didn't add much weight other than battery cables and The plane landed much better.

..Jeff

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service