I have to replace the firewall and nose gear on my 601HD. The 601XL seems to have a "beefier" nose wheel gear support. Anyone ever done a swap?

Views: 1336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm Just finishing the conversion on my 601hd. I scratch built the 650 nose gear assembly and stiffeners.  Also decided to install the Viking steel bungee.  Jim Olson sent me his plans for the spring gear mains conversion, now I have zero bungees on my plane.  No problems and it seems to be so much more robust in every way. 

Here's a couple of photos,  shows before and after.  Mine was a conventional gear now being converted to Tricycle. 

Attachments:

Charles, thanks so much! How do I get Jim Olson's plans for the conversion??

Charles, many thanks! How do I get Jim Olson's plans?

I've got the file here on my computer I'll send you a copy.

Many thanks!

I sent a friend request, I'll attach the files to a message. There's quite a bit of info, pics and measurements. I modified from his plan slightly but will send the file as I received it.

Thanks again!

here are the PDF's I have a bunch of photo's for the install as well.

Attachments:

Thanks again!

I have a 601 HD and the 650 firewall is a direct replacement from what zenith has informed me. Plan on upgrading mine in the near future.

Looks like I will probably go that way also.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service