Im looking at the construction manuals online, and it says for the horizontal stab, see XL manuals. Does this mean they are the same, and I can use the XL planes for the horizontal stabilizer?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I seem to recall that the XL has a few thicker pieces.  I have an XL stabilizer on my HD...  Please verify elsewhere.  Oh one other thing the front attachment dimensions differ for the HD.  The attachments are slightly closer together if I recall correctly.  In any case, they are definitely not the same dimension apart.

Scott,

I built a 1999 vintage HDS.  Here are the manuals that Zenith supplied to do the assembly of stab and elevator.  These are available in the builder's section of the Zenithair.com website.  If you haven't registered for the ID/password, you should.  I will include the link to the documents, but not sure you can get there without the logon info.

http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/6-manuals.html

As pointed out in previous comment there are difference between the XL and HDS.

Jerry

Attachments:

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service