Getting ready to make my first flight to Houston TX area. That will pretty much be a straight shot for me and I will barely enter Houston's "B" airspace. I'm having my transponder checked Thursday. A repairman come to our airfield ,KUBX, and checks several at one time a couple of times a year. About 200 dollars, guess that fair. Looking forward to seeing the grand kids, and flying. So for at 2400 RPM at 3000 MSL around 120 at 5gph. My mechanic told me unless I'm going up over 6500 or so don't worry about leaning. I will plan for at least one fuel/pit stop along the way. If no wind it should be less than  a one day trip I hope. 

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds fun! Won’t be long and you’ll need your ADS-B to make the trip.  

I have been looking at the one that replaces a nav wing light. Always something to spend money on when you fly airplanes! Still we normally take two days to drive and with a little luck we can be there in less than six hours including fueling etc. Will save two nights lodging cost. I figure about 60 gallons total fuel. 

What day are you planning to begin your trip? Did you decide on using Houston Executive (TME)?

I was  also considering West Houston. I have been to TME, although I just drove there once when we were considering maybe moving to the area around Brookshire. It is very close to my sons home just off I 10 & Fry Rd . Not sure what day I would be leaving. I'm retired, so no schedule other than what the weather imposes on me. Most likely be a weekend  so the grand kids would be out of school. I am preparing my plane by having all my avionics and static system checked out this week. I've been playing with different flight plans on I Flight planner and my Ifly gps. They just came out with synthetic vision for the Ifly gps and Ifly ipad program. This is all very new to me, so I'm having a bit of a learning curve right now. The only thing I knew was DR & VORs. Rather exciting new adventure for me in my retirement years. 

Got my transponder checked today and I'm good to go. Now to save some money for my ADSB out

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service