If anyone is using these bulbs for taxi/landing lights, can they be installed in any orientation? There is no clear 'top' marking.......

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hella driving lamps mounted on end of wing struts of CH750. Pictures in my "Can-Zac Spycam" photo album on my profile this site. KISS

The bulb housing has a square tab on the back side in one spot. That is an alignment tab. The landing light housings has a square cutout in the mounting circle to recieve that tab. I forget the location of the alignment cutout. Go to the airport and look at the landing light mount of a certified airplane and you can note the location of the cutout for the tab. I am sorry I cannot give you that info by memory, but I cannot.

The beam of the 4509, by the way, is not a circular spot type beam, it is an oval shaped beam. You should be able to hook the bulb up to a battery and point the beam at a wall and see the oval. You want the wide part of the beam in the horizontal plane so you will have a "fan" of light in front of you. If you install it with the wider "fan" part of the beam vertical, you will not get much light on the ground in front of you, just a knife edge of light.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service