I'm struggling with the idea of selling my 2009 601XLB w/Jab 3300, but I'm afraid I've got to let her go because the money I'm spending on insurance and tie-down fees needs to be redirected toward paying student loans.

I purchased N9554Z from the builder in July of 2012, flew her home from Arizona, and have been enjoying her in Southern NJ ever since.  She's registered with the FAA as an E-AB that meets Light Sport regulations so a Sport Pilot can fly her legally and anyone can work on her, but an A&P must perform the Annuals.

She has approximately 135 hours total time, but that's subject to change a little as this is a great time of year for flying in NJ.  She looks and flies great, but she's got a couple of paint areas that need attention.  The non-skid on the wing walkways and the paint on the upper surface of the elevator need attention.  I'll try to take care of this before the sale, but with the weather turning colder I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to get it done.

Here's some info:

2009 Zenith 601 XL-B

Serial # 6-6960

N9554Z

Jabiru 3300A Engine (burns 4 gph @ 2200 rpm ~ 95 mph)

135 hours TTAF, Engine, and Prop.

BRS (Ballistic Recovery System) Whole-Airframe Parachute

EIS Engine Monitoring System

Garmin 296 GPS

Becker Mode C Transponder

XCOM Radio/Intercom w/dual PTT on Y-Stick

Pilot and Co-Pilot Headset Jacks

Tanis Engine Heat System

Custom Covers from Bruce's (cockpit, insulated cowling, and prop)

Fuel Flow Gauge

Basic Instrumentation (Airspeed, Altimeter, VSI)

Emergency Locator Beacon

Long-Range Fuel Tanks (15 Gal x 2)

Wing Lockers

All manuals, plans, etc. that the builder provided me with

Complete Engine and Airframe Logbooks since new

I've got well over $50K invested in her, but I'll let her go for $45K with a fresh annual --- or I'll reduce the price by $1K if you want to have your own A&P perform the annual as part of your pre-purchase inspection.

Please see the attached photos, and feel free to contact me via email at jimmonsu@gmail.com for additional photos, information, or to schedule a visit to see her in-person.

Thanks,

Jim Monsu

Views: 1946

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim,

Nice looking airplane. If I wasnt almost finished with mine I would be interested.

You have the same engine, cowl and oil cooler setup I do. Do you have any heating issues (CHT and/or EGT)?

You say you get 2200 rpm ~ 95 mph. Is there a reason you fly at such a low RPM? I am hoping to fly at least 120MPH.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike.  I really hate to part with her, but I'm not flying nearly enough and the student loans need to get paid somehow.

95 mph @ 2200 rpm is correct, and the reason is simple economics.  I'm burning 4 gph @ 95 mph (2200 rpm), but at 120 mph I burn well over 8 gph.  I only ran her that hard once, but I was racing daylight and had to get on the ground before sunset.  I got every bit of 120 mph out of her, but 2x the fuel burn is hard to justify when I'm simply boring holes in the sky and don't have a real reason to fly that fast.

I've never had any issues with temps, except at right around 100 mph in cruise flight she wants to run a little hot for my liking so I either keep her just below that (at 95 mph) or just above, but usually below for the reasons noted above.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Gorgeous!  Just what I've been looking for.  Is it sold?

Thanks Randy.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I haven't sold her yet, so if you'd like to set up a time to come and see her please let me know.  You can give me a all at 215-313-1135 or email me at jimmonsu@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jim

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service