We had a big change in our family, so this project has to sadly go. 

I'm selling my 601 xlb project (N651JL) 241 tt on air-frame.. 12 gallon wing tanks, electric trim on the ailerons and horizontal stabilizer. It come with a lycoming o-235 C2C with logs. No mags, but I have the carb, starter, flywheel, and an extra crankshaft.1400 hours on lower end. It is apart for inspection. The plane suffered a nose wheel collapse. Good straight aircraft. Firewall and forward cabin have been replaced. Side skins are still off to aid with repairs. Plane comes with many parts that are still serviceable. New nose gear and axle. Becker 4201 radio. Garmin 320 transponder. I have not started on the wings. The nose skins are buggered up, but the main spars are OK. Rudder and horizontal stabilizer are good. 

This project comes with a ton of parts. The canopy has a small amount of damage as well. I am working on pictures. I have the airworthiness certificate as well.

I would like to get $5,800, but I will entertain all offers. No trades. I have more than that in it, but I have to move it along. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Please PM me if interested. 

Views: 138

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Incredible deal for someone! So sorry to hear about this. Can you fill us in on what kind of a nose wheel collapse you had? Was it the bungee? Engine failure? If you can't sell it and decide to part it out, please let me know. 

Pilot error from what I can tell. After the mains touched down, the pilot put the nose down too hard, pulled back barely scraping the rear tie down on the tail, and came down even harder on the nose wheel. There is an NTSB report on the incident. 

I would like to sell it as a package. I understand it is just a pile of parts, but it has the makings of a wonderful airplane. I will keep you in mind.

Thanks for the reply.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Zenith Aircraft For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

Zenith transition and Sport Pilot training:

Quality Sport Planes
Cloverdale, California:

Wheels & Wings

Pro Builder Assistance

© 2018   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service