John Austin's Discussions (4,563)

Discussions Replied To (1592) Replies Latest Activity

"I agree with Bob - Teflon tape is generally frowned upon in aviation fuel systems du…"

John Austin replied Oct 20, 2012 to Fuel Tanks – Modern Fuels – Thread Lockers and Sealants - In Need of Some Advice

21 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Tony Oliver

"There are all sorts of 12->24v "up converters" on Ebay for $20-$30. I have absolu…"

John Austin replied Oct 20, 2012 to 12 to 24 volt

6 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Harold Dean Hankins

"I used the Seal-All connectors from Spruce in the wing roots since that's not a perf…"

John Austin replied Oct 10, 2012 to Connectiong the Ray allen sevos Solder VS. Connectors VS. 9 pin sub d concector

10 Jun 30, 2019
Reply by Jorge Fernandez

"Don't know about Turtle Wax spray, but just a caution. Don't treat any bare metal pa…"

John Austin replied Oct 1, 2012 to Newbie question

2 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by John Austin

"Hi Ed! Sounds like you're getting close to first flight! I could be wrong, but theor…"

John Austin replied Sep 21, 2012 to Weight and balance

10 Sep 23, 2012
Reply by Dr. Edward L. Olds III

"I didn't fight the grain ... I enhanced it! I briefly considered polishing the gear…"

John Austin replied Sep 17, 2012 to Polishing Your Airplane? Tell Us of All Your Procedures, Tricks, Tips and Photos

63 Mar 3, 2022
Reply by Peter Eiberger

"I used safety wire to secure each end of the tubing ... just don't over-tighten it a…"

John Austin replied Sep 5, 2012 to Jabiru/Bing Issue

2 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by John Austin

"Robert, IMHO, I think Jabiru "cooling problems" are history! I've got a recent-produ…"

John Austin replied Sep 4, 2012 to Using a Corvair Engine

13 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by charles e rehberger

"Well, darn! Checked the left coil and it was 7.1 kohms ... exactly to spec! Oh well,…"

John Austin replied Aug 30, 2012 to Jabiru 3300 rf Noise

22 Oct 31, 2016
Reply by John Austin

"I understand! That's what was so ironic about my experience. At my agency, I knew fr…"

John Austin replied Aug 28, 2012 to lnsurance costs

18 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by Dr. Edward L. Olds III

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service