Corvair Engine Forum (25)

Featured Discussions

Welcome to the Corvair Engine Forum!

Welcome to the Corvair Engine Forum!  We invite our members with Corvair engines, and those interested in Corvair engines, to post their qu…

Started by John AustinLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Timing total advance

I see that WW's latest recommendation is for 26 degrees total advance.  On my distributor the numbers are  600-16-2600.  I believe that I w…

Started by David Banahan

3 9 hours ago
Reply by David Banahan

Fuel filters

In the Corvair world what have others used for fuel filters?  I'm approaching inspection and first flight and plan to use a Summit Racing 4…

Started by David Banahan

3 on Tuesday
Reply by Bob Pustell

750 Cruzer powered by Corvair?

Unless I am mistaken I do not see any references to the Cruzer powered by a Corvair engine. Is this combination not compatible?  Possibly n…

Started by Alan Wilson

3 Mar 11
Reply by Joe Pringle

Current 5th Bearing shops

Hello All I only know of 3 current shops for the 5th bearing ...let me know if I'm missing anyone William Wynne/SPA Azalea Aviation and R…

Started by John Mazzolini

11 Mar 7
Reply by John Mazzolini

Cowling caution

I ran into a gotcha on the cowl. We prefit the whole thing a while back with the rubber part of the baffles. When I tried to put it all bac…

Started by Fred John Thomas

2 Feb 25
Reply by Fred John Thomas

Engine Serial # location?

Please save me a trip to the airport (17℉) way to chilly for me.  Where on the 1966 Corvair engine is the serial number located? Thanks

Started by David Banahan

4 Jan 21
Reply by Russell Johnson

Dual cooler setup

Using anything other than the stock oil coolers requires workable, but what I consider to be a hokey setup of hoses to a remote oil cooler.…

Started by Ernest Christley

5 Jan 4
Reply by Ernest Christley

engine mount

Hello All Happy New Year to all!! Are there any insights to the available engine mounts for the Corvair motor? does using a certain mfg…

Started by John Mazzolini

2 Jan 2
Reply by John Mazzolini

carbon buildup and valve wear

how many hours are we getting out there before pulling heads for carbon cleanup or hand lapping valves? i have 170hrs on 3litre and heads b…

Started by Roger E Barnes

2 Dec 21, 2018

replacing PC680 battery wih eartx etx900vnt

I had a corvair install and used the PC 680, I am on my second battery. I replaced corvair with O200 so now I only need reserve power for f…

Started by christopher fryatt

8 Dec 21, 2018

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Aircraft For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

Zenith transition and Sport Pilot training:

Quality Sport Planes
Cloverdale, California:

Wheels & Wings

Pro Builder Assistance

© 2019   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service